A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm not a weenie!

So, my mom announced this weekend that she and my dad have a certain cabin in Colorado reserved for a week in June. They're getting a very good deal on it. Jessica and I immediately jumped in and said, "I want to go!" Of course, Mom said it would be great! Mom and Dad will go up on Sunday, we'll all come with our families on Wednesday, and we go home on Saturday. A cheap, easy vacation.

We started wondering what there would be to do around there other than tree climbing and rock sitting. Dad suggested white water rafting. That is something I have always wanted to do and so has he. Roger says, "Would you really do that?"

"Yes," I replied.

"You understand that you will get wet, right?"

"Yes! It will be fun."

"You really think you would want to do that? The water can be deep, you know."

"I'll be wearing a life jacket!"

Seriously. I'm scared of heights, spiders and the dentist. I don't believe that white water rafting would involve any of the three. I understand that I am not an athlete or even an outdoors kind of person, but I have always wanted to do this. It would be exciting and just a step or two outside my comfort zone, and something I would definitely like to experience with my dad along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

sounds like fun!!!

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Deborah said...

sounds like fun!!!

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

I tried it once and it was fun but it was kind of chilly out so I froze! Then we did it again in the south (harper's Ferry, MD). It was really calm and nice and warm out so we had a blast.

Good luck!!

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home