A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

30

This is it! Today I am 30. It's not so bad, so far. I keep trying to remind myself that "30 is the new 20".

My family had a surprise party for me on Saturday. (It wasn't much of a surprise, since I asked for a party and made a list of people I would like to see invited.) The party was great. Unfortunately, not many people came to the party. Only one of my close friends came. Neither of my very best friends were there. I feel a little rejected. In fact, I cried to Rog about it when I went to bed Saturday night. I just felt a bit let down. It probably would have been better if I hadn't known about the party ahead of time. Then I wouldn't have had such high expectations. I just really wish Liss would have been there. We've been friends for almost 20 years, and she only lives 20 minutes away. That was a bit depressing.

On the other hand, I did get time to talk with Angie. We haven't seen them for at least a year, so it was wonderful to catch up. We always seem to be able to pick up right where we left off. I don't know why we don't try to get together more often. They are the perfect couple friends - Roger likes them and I like them. We have the same values, and as we discovered this weekend, our kids get along, too!

Today (my actual birthday) has been so much better! The girls at work decorated my desk with streamers and confetti. ( I have to admit that I like the attention.) Everyone at work also chipped in and bought me a $50 gift certificate to the scrapbook store! How cool is that? I'm thrilled. When I put that with the other gift certificates I've gotten for my birthday, I have over $100 to spend on scrapbook supplies! It's mind boggling. I have no idea what I'm going to get.

So, where am I at 30?

I have a great husband and son.
I have a good job, good boss and good co-workers.
I'm still close to my family.
My relationship with Christ is growing.
I have a hobby I love.
I'm on a scrapbook design team.
We don't have huge money worries (only small ones).

I guess 30 isn't as bad as I was afraid it might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home