Home Woes
Okay, so last night Rog and I go to look at a house. This is the house that we were told is in a flood zone, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, Marcene found out for me that while the yard is in a flood zone, the house is not, so no flood insurance required. We went and looked and really liked it.
The house is decent sized and has three bedrooms on the main floor. There are 2 1/2 bathrooms also on the main floor. The kitchen is quite large although very 1977. The counter tops are a fairly hideous yellow laminate, and the linoleum isn't great. I still love the kitchen--tons of cabinets! It also has a big mud room. The basement has two rooms that are finished. One is a family room with a fireplace with bookshelves on either side. The other room could be a "non-conforming" bedroom or workroom (i.e. scrapbook room). There are also two other rooms that are unfinished, but could be finished or used for storage.
The backyard is great! It has a deck off the dining room which really could use replacing, but would be okay for now. There is a creek that runs along the back edge of the yard, and there are tons of trees. A great backyard for a little boy. It is also a huge lot, so Rog is hoping that he would be able to build a workshop.
After looking, we talked a bit about making an offer even though we don't have a contract on our house yet. It would have to be a contingency agreement which is a bit risky, but what do we have to lose?
This afternoon, we found out that another realtor might be writing a contract on it, so Rog made the decision to offer the asking price with a contingency that we sell our house first. The asking price is actually a pretty good deal, anyway, so we're pretty pleased. Now, we are praying that they will accept our contract, all other potential buyers will be scared away, and someone will make us an offer soon. This is all slowly driving me crazy. I just hate having all these people look at our house and never give us an offer. I wish they would all hurry up! I feel like I'm going to have to live here for the rest of my life!
I really wish that we had the cash flow to do a bridge loan. After talking to Marcene, though, I am even more horrified by having to do that then I was before. It would be so hard for us to scrape together the money for two house payments.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home