A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Forecast: Moody

I am in the absolute worst mood today. It was everything I could do to not scream at innocent bystanders in Walmart this afternoon. Does everyone in the county really need to do their grocery shopping on the same day? Does Walmart really need 28 lanes if they are only ever going to open 8 lanes? Regardless of the carts backed up into the clothing departments? I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it.

I did manage to finish my 3 purses for this week. Okay, technically for last week. Bought fabric for this week's three. I've also got a new design in mind, so I bought "practice" fabric, too. It's funny fabric -- covered with little tiny tomatoes. Who needs tomato fabric? I can't think of a single reason why I would ever truly use tomato fabric...

Friday night was my first meeting with the design team. Turns out, I will be making a mini-album every month. Not a problem! I've never really had a reason to make them before, so this will be a fun excuse. My supplies for this coming month are by Daisy D's. There is a French Market accordion Mini-book kit, chipboard frames, picture hangers and black & white striped ribbon. I also bought some of the matching paper and more ribbon and rickrack to go with it. I'm thinking I will either use the pictures from Grandpa and Grandma S's farm or take some photos of the finds Roger and I have picked up at auctions and antique stores. Either way, I think it will be a fun project.

Mom and Dad called this afternoon from Hawaii. They had me go online to a webcam they were near so they could wave to us while we were on the phone. http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/waikiki_beach/waikiki.htm It was funny. They would say, "We're waving to you!" and a few seconds later they would be waving on the screen. After we hung up, we kept watching and saw Dad take a photo for some other tourists. Jan must have had her kids on the phone, too, because they were all still waving at the camera!

Okay, my mood is slowly improving. The Breyer's chocolate and vanilla checked ice cream is helping, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home