A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post-Christmas Wrap Up

So, Christmas has come and gone. The tree is still up, the presents (unwrapped, of course) are still out and our refrigerator is empty. I can't seem to find the time to recover. I should have gone grocery shopping last night, but Connor and I decided to go to a family party instead. I'm glad we did, but it means I'm not sure what to make for supper tonight.

There sure are a lot of new toys that need to find homes! Planes, trains and sharks everywhere! Connor's favorite gift was definitely the large 1:32 scale humpback whale that Santa brought him. It goes everywhere with him. It's also incredibly heavy and would make a mean club in an emergency. I'd have no problem choosing that as my weapon if I encountered an intruder in the night.

There's also the problem of the large battery-powered John Deere front loader tractor with wagon parked in my living room. Grandma and Grandpa gave it to him on Saturday night, but he hasn't had the chance to take it outside and ride it yet. It's just so cold and gets dark way too early. However, after the chaos of riding it in Mom and Dad's basement and nearly taking out poor Granny's legs, it is definitely a certified outdoor toy! I hope he can learn to drive it. I may have to make him wear a helmet...

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in KC with Rog's family. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Good, in fact. We had a very nice visit with Rita's family down from Canada. The boys have grown so much! Lots of laughing and joking. Very loud, of course.

Now, it's back to work. Only a 4 day work week and then another 3 day weekend. I love this time of year. There's at least one government holiday every month until March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home