Book Order Nostalgia
Connor brought home a Scholastic book order pamphlet today. I'm such a sucker for these. Always have been! When I was a kid, I would pour over the Weekly Reader Book Club fliers and circle all the books that I wanted. Then my mom would make me narrow it down. It was so cool, because the books were always so cheap! When the box of books arrived on my teacher's desk, it was like Christmas. As far as I was concerned, she couldn't get those books sorted and distributed fast enough! One of my teachers would always write our names on the upper righthand corner of the books. I still have a lot of little paperback books in my collection with "Rebecca" neatly written in red ink on the cover. Seriously, for a true bibliophile, book orders rock!
I've already spent some time going over Connor's latest two pamphlets, and we are ordering nearly every shark book that they have. I'll probably be the first parent to turn in their kid's order.
Connor will probably never have to beg for me to buy him books. I'll just write the check.






1 Comments:
Oh my goodness, your post brought back all my Scholastic book order memories! My mom never had a lot of money, but she always, always let me order at least one or two books. I couldn't wait to get them!
I am sure I'll be the same as you with my boys-writing the checks and letting that library grow, grow, grow! Happy reading to Connor!
8:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home