A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

By Invitation Only

So, this past week I got a special invitation to a 30 minute sale at Scrapbook Chic in Salina, Kansas. The sale was only for people who received the email invitation. It was for 50% off everything in the store from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM this morning.

Did I go? Uh... YEAH! So what that I had to drive an hour in the rain. So what that I had to get up earlier than I do on weekdays. I was there at ten minutes to eight. It was definitely an exclusive sale, mostly design team members and a few others that I recognized. I got some amazing deals. I had decided that I would use $100 of my Christmas bonus. After all, it's my Christmas bonus and all the rest is going into savings for bills and hopefully, house stuff.

Here's what I bought:

A Xyron 900 and a cartridge to go in it. I think this is the machine that can be used with my Wishblade so I can put adhesive on the paper and then cut out my letters. I might give that a try tonight. This machine was my main reason for going to the sale (other than the fact that everything was 50% off!) Last night I actually dreamed that the store only had 3 of them, and I didn't get one because they let other people start shopping early! You can bet that this was the first thing I grabbed off the shelf this morning! (I also dreamed that I was late for the sale.)

An AMM Urban Chic 6x6 album in red. I need another album like I need a hole in my head, but it was $6 and it's RED! Plus, for years I have been meaning to start a "favorite photos" album. This will be perfect for that. Maybe I'll start on that this weekend. (We really don't need to take down the Christmas tree until February...)

An AMM mini tote in pink. Again, this was totally an impulse buy. It was the last one. It's pink. It's mini. And it was $8! It's got the cutest little pockets and zippers and even a little tiny drawer in the bottom just like the big ones!

A sheet of Rusty Pickle Easter words cardstock stickers and a sheet of matching paper. Seriously. I only have one Easter embellishment in my entire stash. I hate doing Easter pages. Too much pastel!

5 sheets of Anna Griffin patterned paper. I'm not usually an Anna Griffin fan, but the pink and black papers look so "couture" and the animal paper is adorable!

2 sets of Technique Tuesday stamps. The Jet Lag set has the cutest little bi-plane that will be fun for Roger's airplane photos. The Kabloom! set has all kinds of little flowers. I love this company!

A package of Scenic Route Paper Company birthday rub-ons. You can never have enough birthday stuff.

2 packages of "scruffy pads". These are actually made to remove nail polish, but Scrapbook Chic packages them as little pads to use for inking. I love these things! You just hold onto the little handle at the back, rub it on your ink pad and then rub the scruffy pad wherever you want ink. It should help to keep the ink off of your fingers, but I've never found a method of neatness that I couldn't circumnavigate!

Box of Maya Road Sheer Collection blossoms in white. These are the cutest little plastic flowers that can be decorated with paint or ink or rub-ons. Plus, Maya Road packages all of their stuff in those cute little tins!

A Doodlebug mini album key ring. It's red with white polka dots and holds two little photos. I gave it to my mom as a thank you for watching Connor while I shopped this morning.

2 packages of Zots - mini and medium - paper thin. You can never have too many of these on hand. "Fill the log!" I say. (We just watched Over the Hedge last night.)

So, all of that for the bargain price of $84.50 including tax! That means the Xyron and cartridge were basically FREE! Boy, I love a good sale. I was in and out of the store and on my way home by 8:30 AM! So much fun.

If you are ever in Salina, KS, you absolutely must stop by Scrapbook Chic (pronounced sheek). It's at 205 S. 5th Street. Kristi and Jessica are lots of fun and have great products!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you got a lot of loot there! ;-) enjoy!

7:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You really made out! I haven't gone on a scrapbooking shopping splurge in a long time. Sounds like FUN!

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home