I'm a sucker
This morning, one of my co-workers brought in a teeny tiny black kitten that she found on the interstate on her way to work. The poor little guy had nasty green gunk all over his eyes and was covered in fleas! Since she couldn't keep him, I offered to take him. We immediately drove him out to the veterinarian and dropped him off so they could take a look at him.
He has a little scar on his head and survived a heck of a thunderstorm last night, so we wanted to give him a tough name. We've decided on Guido.
I had to call Roger and tell him about the visitor I'm bringing home. He was less than thrilled, but he seems to be getting used to the idea.
The vet called this afternoon to give me an update. It wasn't a great update. Guido has a bad case of fleas which they are treating him for. In fact, the vet said that dead fleas are just falling off him. He has a serious case of round worms, an upper respiratory infection and conjunctivitis. They are treating all of that with medication. Probably the worst thing is that his body temperature is too low.
They have him sleeping on a hot water bottle and are going to give him some IV fluids before they leave tonight. He's going to have to stay there overnight. He ate this morning, but hasn't eaten anything for the rest of the day. I really hope he makes it. I'm already attached to him even though I only got to spend a few minutes with him. I'm dying to take him home with me.
Now, it's all up to nutrition and energy and his immune system. The vet said that there is "reasonable hope." I'm hanging all my hope on that and sending a prayer now and then, too.






2 Comments:
Good luck with, Guido!! Love his name!
8:44 AM
How wonderful is guido that he found a wonderful family!
Pictures please?
11:55 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home