A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A New Fun Place

I recently found out about The Sampler and plan to use it as a marketing tool for my purse business. It really is the neatest concept! Independent artists and crafters contribute samples, and The Sampler staff divides up the "loot" and sends it off to subscribers. It goes out once a month, and subscribers end up with about 20 or so samples of different products. Some of the sampler packages even go out to folks in the media business, so it's possible for artists to receive notice from magazines or fashion blogs, etc.

The Sampler website is super-fun to explore, too. You can look at what contributors are sending in for the upcoming month's sampler or even go back and see what they have sent in the past. It's a great way to find new places to shop. I've also been getting a kick out of the Fun Stuff section, especially the coloring pages!

I've commited to sending at least 25 of my Itsy Bitsy Bags to them for the October sampler and the same amount for the Holiday (December) sampler. Now, I've got to get busy getting them made! Actually, they don't take me long, and I make one or two out of the scraps from every full size purse I make. I am so excited about this opportunity!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

I'll have to check it out! Sounds interesting.

7:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home