A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Now I know...

This past week, Roger was out of town for business. Now, that he is back, I understand why I need him so much!

Wednesday night, I got home from shopping with my sister at 9:00 to find a message saying that the realtor wanted to show our house at 4:30 the next day! The house was a total wreck. I spent the next few hours cleaning, got up early to do more work and came home over my lunch hour to vacuum! Usually, I have Roger to help me on this stuff.

On Thursday, I got a call at work from my realtor telling me that the city had called her because they thought there was a water leak at our house. Our meter was reading much higher than normal. The realtor told me to call the city to turn off our water and then call a plumber. Of course, I had no idea what plumber to call! Fortunately, our realtor is also a friend and was able to track down a plumber for me. This is definitely something that Roger normally handles.

Then, when they showed the house that afternoon, the front door lock got stuck in the unlocked position. I knew it was fixable, but I didn't know how to fix it. I wasn't at all thrilled about having to spend the night in an unlocked house, but Roger pointed out that probably most of the houses in our small town are unlocked overnight. Well, we survived, but I sure was glad to have him home on Friday night.

Husbands can definitely be useful people to have about. Oh yeah, I also had to kill a spider by myself. Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home