My Worm Wallet

I was in the fishing aisle at WalMart today waiting for Roger and Connor to pick out their fishing gear for our vacation this week. In amongst the tackle boxes, I found this little organizer. It's called a worm wallet and was right next to a worm binder. It is a softsided case that zips closed. It measures about 8" x 6.5". Inside, are ten reinforced ziploc bags held together with two binder clips. It also has a mesh pocket in the front with a zipper. Apparently, this is what you use to organizer all your nasty fake worms. To my scrapbooker's eye, it looks like the perfect thing for transporting embellishments! My goal is to preplan some pages so I can work on them this week while the boys are fishing. This little beauty will be perfect for holding all my ribbons, bows, flowers and various other embellishments!
Now, I know that if this little worm wallet came in pink, had a brand name and was sold in a scrapbook store, it would probably cost me at least $12-15. I paid $5.24. Seriously. Go to the fishing aisle at WalMart!! Every scrapbooker needs a worm wallet. Besides, it will be fun to say, "Hmmmm, I think my yellow primas might be in my worm wallet..."






6 Comments:
Too funny! I *need* a worm wallet!! LOL Maybe you could alter it?!
7:03 AM
You are right about changing the color and putting it in a scrapbook store - the price would surely double, LOL! Cute idea for transporting embellies.
2:33 PM
That is neat. Definitely great for traveling to a crop with some embellisments. Maybe you should alter it and then market it to a scrapbook company.
8:27 AM
Now I've heard everything...a worm wallet. I was wondering why worms would need a wallet. LOL!
10:05 AM
That is so cool that you were able to get that and for so cheap. One of my friends made something similar a few years ago with a hot pad and she sewed ziplok bags to the center of it. It's an emergancy kit for a purse (has needle and thread, cough drops, pen and paper, etc), but maybe I can use it like your worm wallet, since I've never really used it : )
11:23 AM
That is really cool! I can think of a bunch of uses for the worm wallet! I might need to stop by this week! Thanks for the idea!
4:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home