A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

My New Addiction

I'm pretty sure that I have a borderline obsessive personality. My latest obsession is fabric. I went to the quilt shop today to buy 1 1/2 yards of fabric for a handbag for my second cousin's graduation gift. I left with 3 1/2 yards of fabric and spent $35! That wouldn't be so bad except that I recently joined a fabric buying co-op and I have yards and yards of beautiful designer fabric already on its way! Not to mention the large plastic tub at home already full of lovely fabric that is just waiting to be made into new purses.

I've tried to tell myself that I can't buy anymore until I use what I have, but then I see a bolt of cotton fabric in a cool retro design with just the right color combination. My knees get weak, I touch it and then I have to take it up to the cutting counter for "just a yard".

Someone buy the purses I already have made so I can justify my obsession and spending. I may need to give my husband some kind of explanation...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. Your purses are so freakin' cute, I can't believe it! You are so talented! We're pinching pennies around here, but if I can tuck away a few $ unnoticed, I might have to get me a new bag!!!

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home