A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I've lost my mind!

I haven't been writing this post, because I keep meaning to wait until I am at home and can include pictures. I don't know if I will ever get that done.

Saturday, we all went out to the "farm store", as Connor calls it. We went there to buy a plastic Schleich crocodile with its mouth closed. Connor had "twenty dollars" in his wallet. (It was really $4.) So we bought the crocodile, but before we made it to the check out stand we stopped at the puppy pen. Inside was the cutest little beagle I have ever seen. He was so quiet and calm compared to the other puppies. We picked him up and played with him, and I totally fell in love! And, beagles are the cheapest breed the store sells!

We paid for the crocodile and left without the puppy. I was tearing up! I don't know why! It suddenly became my mission to convince Roger that we needed that dog! At Walmart, I was all droopy and pouty. I started listing the reasons why we should buy the puppy. I wore him down. After lunch, we went back to the farm store and bought the little guy.

He's just adorable! He's a tri-color beagle with long soft ears and big brown eyes. We named him Copper after the dog on "Fox and the Hound".

I truly don't know what happened to me. I am a cat person. I don't even like dogs.

But, I'm loving this little guy, despite the dog smell and the poop. I've discovered all kinds of things. Like the fact that 3:00 in the morning in Kansas in the spring can be a very lovely time of day/night. The stars sparkle and wind is pretty warm. I've discovered that I kind of like coffee if it is hazelnut and has plenty of creamer and sugar added to it. (Coffee really does get you going in the morning if you haven't gotten enough sleep the night before!)

I've become the person who takes their dog out and gets all excited when he poops in the yard, instead of my carpet! I learned how to give a dog a bath. I change puppy pads as quickly as I can change a diaper. I go home at lunch to "let the dog out." I buy dog toys!

Seriously. I've lost it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

love it! I am not a cat person, but love dogs. When a sog gets into your heart--watch out. It took me a week to convine DH that my Gracie had to come live with us. hope the house training catches on soon!

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Aaawww what a sweet post! I'm so glad you got your puppy.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

I'm not a dog or cat person but I'm glad you're enjoying your new puppy~!!

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home