A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Itsy Bitsy Bags

I spent my entire weekend making these adorable little bags. They are so small and cute! There was an "I'll buy from you, you buy from someone else" thread on Etsy this weekend. I really wanted to join, but the price limit was $8, so I came up with these little cuties for $5 each. They sold like hotcakes! I made and sold 10 of them! Granted, I didn't make any money, because everytime one sold I went and bought something else, but I had a lot of fun! AND, I'm hoping that the people who bought them might want a full-size bag at a later date.

While I was making the first one, I was describing it to my sister. She wanted to know how small they really were. We finally determined that they were the right size for garden gnomes and Cabbage Patch dolls. Anyway, the ladies who bought them this weekend had some great ideas for using them - cellphone, cash & keys holders, gift bags, treat bags, etc. I'm really excited about how well received they were!

Jess and I are planning to participate in the Apple Blossom Festival at Presbyterian Manor at the end of April. It's only a little 3 hour show, but it will only cost us $15 to have a booth. I'm working on more handbags and definitely some more Itsy Bitsy Bags! She's been making headbands and doll blankets. I'm really excited about my foray into the craft world. I hope that I'll be able to do some more shows this year, too. Maybe even a really big one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Those are adorable!!!!

We have an apple blossom festival in my town too!

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home