A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

READ

I borrowed this from Stacy. Love to think about my book habits!

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Trade Paper or Hardback

Amazon or brick and mortar? Brick & Mortar

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Borders

Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark! - I was taught long ago that it is destructive to dogear books

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? My books are grouped by author and loosely by genre, but not alphabetically

Keep, throw away, or sell? Keep! I'm a total bibliophile. Occasionally I will sell a book I didn't like

Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep

Read with dustjacket or remove it? With

Short story or novel? Novel - I very rarely read short stories

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Usually I read collections, but again, it's rare that I read short stories

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter. I've never read Lemony Snicket although I've meant to

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Usually try to get to a stopping point, but not necessarily the chapter end

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Both

Buy or Borrow? Buy - I don't just want to read the book, I want to OWN the book! I never go to the library, because they expect you to return their books!

New or used? Usually new, but I'm not at all opposed to used.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Browse. I like to read the backs and look at the covers

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending. I hate it when they don't tell me how it really ends.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? All of the above. I'll read anytime, anywhere. (Except the car. Used to do that when I was kid, but now it makes me sick!)

Standalone or series? Both

Favorite series? Harry Potter and any of Beverly Lewis's Amish series

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Anything by Jasper Fforde (The Eyre Affair, The Well of Lost Plots, etc). I'm sure others have heard of them, but they really are written for literary buffs

Favorite books read last year? There are so many! (I probably read at least 2 or 3 books a month!) I think I read The Timetraveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger(?) last year. It is amazing. In fact, I read it two or three times!

Favorite books of all time? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, The Secret History by Donna Tartt, The Timetraveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - There are just SOOO many!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home