A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Little Punks!

Okay, I'm kind of hesitant to blog about this, because I really am trying to let it go. I'm definitely not as perturbed as I was yesterday, but it still irks me a bit. I suppose that blogging about it is better than writing a letter to the editor of our local newspaper, so here goes!

We took Connor out on Sunday and taught him all about the joys of snow. We built three fabulous snowmen and had an amazing time. When we pulled up to our house last night after work, all three of our snowmen had been knocked over. I was furious! What kind of little punks assault defenseless snowmen? And it couldn't have been easy! I built those snowmen solid! Is there no respect in this world for other people's property? What the heck were those little hoodlums doing in my yard, anyway? They're probably the same little monsters that stole two pumpkins off my porch a couple years ago.

I was worried that Connor would be terribly upset that his creations had been destroyed, but not really. It definitely upset me more than it did him. In fact, he was pretending to knock a snowman over last night! Whatever! I finally just said a little prayer that God would help me to let it go. It's only snow, after all.

Let's just say, those boys are lucky that I'm not at home during the day. I'd have been outside to give them a good tongue lashing!

I was trying to think of a good way to make a snowman harder to knock down. The only thing I've come up with is to drive a steel fence post into the ground and build a snowman around it. That would give them a bit of surprise if they tried to knock that over. But, I don't have the energy or the fence post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home