Orders Extended
Mom just called to tell me that Randall called this morning to say that his orders have been extended for another 4 months. We were expecting him home in March, and now it won't be until July or August. I'm so disappointed, and I know it is a hundred times worse for Mom and Dad and Heidi.
I'm sure this is all part of the troop surge that President Bush has discussed. I have no qualifications to say whether his plan is good or bad, and I am very supportive of the President. I know that his job is not an easy one. I am just selfishly wishing that it didn't have to affect my family. We've been patiently and bravely waiting, counting the months and days until Randall will be home and safe again. Now, our countdown has been extended. It never really occurred to me that such a thing could happen. When he was home in October, we assumed that we were now in the home stretch. It's breaking my heart to know that it will have been almost a year before we see him again. I want to sit down and cry and yell, "It's not fair!" But, of course, there's nothing fair about any of this, and we are not the only family who received this news this week.
We'll do the only thing we can - keep praying for his safe return and trust that God will bring him back to us.






1 Comments:
I'm sorry, Becky! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers!!
8:21 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home