Real Snow!



So, we got a lot of snow on Saturday! It started snowing at around 9:00 in the morning and didn't stop until after 9:00 at night! Church was cancelled, so we had an entire day to do whatever we wanted.This was the kind of snowfall that you dream about. This is the type of snow that makes perfect snowmen and snowballs and snowforts. It could be packed and shaped and molded. Grandma had given Connor a snowman kit before Christmas. I put it in the closet, thinking that we would never get to use it. Well, we pulled it out on Sunday morning, and we built an amazing snowman. Then, Roger built another snowman. Then we built a third one!
I haven't seen this kind of snow in years and years! We taught Connor all about snow during our hour outside. Besides the snowpeople, he made snowangels. We taught him about snowball fights. I taught him how to eat snow, even though Roger said it's dirty and disgusting. It tasted wonderful! I got knocked down into the snow more than once.
We were all bundled up so well! Connor was wearing longjohns, jeans, a snowsuit and his coat, plus two shirts and two pairs of socks. I think he thought I was making a mistake when I put two pairs of socks on him. "Two socks?" he kept asking. I assured him it would keep his feet warm out in the snow. It was hard to get him calmed down enough to put on his snow clothes. He kept jumping around and shrieking, "We're going out in the snow!" I was so grateful that Rita had sent us down that snow suit from Canada. It was just the perfect size and kept Connor so warm and dry!
It was a perfect weekend! By the way, our crop on Saturday was a lot of fun, too. Despite the snow, we had around 15 women there throughout the day and not all of them were local, either! Granted, we had a lot of cancellations, but we can always depend on the die-hards to be there! It was a lot of fun. The space we held it in was perfect, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I had to leave early, because Roger kept calling to tell me how bad the roads were becoming. I finally gave in and went home, mostly because I didn't want to get stranded and not be able to play in the snow with Connor on Sunday! We will have to hold another crop in a few months. It was just a great time scrapping with friends!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home