A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Today

Connor was sick this past weekend. I had to pick him up from daycare early on Friday. He was running a low-grade fever and just not acting like himself. He ended up falling asleep on my lab while we watched TV Friday night. It's a little selfish, but it was so nice to have my baby back in my arms again. He's getting to the age where I know I won't have this opportunity too many more times. Makes me a little teary eyed.

I had to stay home with him on Saturday morning, too. We did end up going to my parents' house on Saturday afternoon while our house was being shown. He perked up quite a bit while we were there, and on Sunday morning he was much better. He's still really congested, but he's not running a fever anymore. He woke up grouchy this morning, but I think it is still from the bad cold he has. Poor little man!

We haven't heard anything about our house yet. I emailed our realtor to see if she has heard anything, but haven't heard back yet. Not that it really matters at this point. There's not much for sale in the town we want to move to. I'm not sure what we would do if we got a contract right now. Mom and I drove around on Saturday, and everything that is for sale is either too small, too boring or too expensive! The only promising thing I saw was a vacant lot!

My sister's friend came over to Mom's house on Saturday evening to look at my purses. She ended up buying one that was already made and picking out fabric for a second one! Then, Jessica called me on Sunday afternoon to say that this friend's cousin wants another bag and her sister-in-law wants to see my fabric, too! I'm going to be busy!

I drug Connor and Rog shopping yesterday afternoon. We went to the mall and got Connor some new shoes. They're Lightening McQueen and they light up. He didn't want to wear them this morning, though, and went to daycare in his old shoes! Like I said, Grouchy! I also stopped in at Joann's just to get some lining fabric which was 30% off, by the way! Then I saw their racks of marked down fabric for $3-4 per yard. I ended up buying enough fabric to make probably 8 purses for less than $25! What a deal! Unfortunately, Rog nearly lost his mind, because the lady cutting my fabric was so SLOW! It was almost comical.

We've got a meeting with the daycare at 12:30 today. The lady from Communities in Schools who has been observing Connor set it up. I'm a little nervous, but not really. I feel like things have been going better with him. He just has a short temper and needs to learn to control it. I hope they will have some positive things to say about him. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home