A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

E.R.

I swear! I've spent more time in the emergency room since Connor has been born than I have in my entire life before then. Monday evening was another visit.

I got a call at work from the daycare at about 4:00 on Monday. They said that Connor had slipped on the freshly mopped floor and hit his head. They said he was fine, but wanted permission to give him some Tylenol. Of course, I said that was fine, and I didn't think anymore about it.

When I was pulling into the daycare parking lot after work, my cell phone rang. It was Roger calling to tell me that the daycare had called to tell him that Connor was throwing up. I went in, and he was sitting behind the front desk on a teacher's lap. He looked so pathetic! They said he hadn't been himself since he fell.

I took him out to the car and gave him a bag in case he got sick again. He immediately threw up in it. At that point, there was no question about taking him to the doctor. I went back into the daycare to get more plastic bags and drove him to the E.R. They took us right back and ordered a CT scan. They said he was definitely exhibiting signs of a concussion. Poor little guy! He was so out of it! He kept throwing up every now and then, too. He was such a trooper for the CT scan. No fuss at all! (I think it helped that he was a bit out of it.) Then we waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, at 8:00 in the evening, they let us go. He threw up one more time before we left, but that was it. When we got home, he watched a new shark movie with Roger and even ate a piece of toast. (The nurse had said nothing but clear liquids, but he was really hungry!) I stayed home with him yesterday, but he was doing great!

The funny part of this is that he doesn't seem to remember falling down. When we asked him what happened he said that Madeline hit him in the head with a chair. Now, I know that Madeline is the same size or smaller than Connor, and there is no way she would be able to wield a chair in such a way to cause a concussion. To hear him tell it, it sounds like a bar room brawl!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Oh boy! No fun there. Poor kid. I hope he's feeling better!!

9:04 AM

 
Blogger Deborah said...

how scary! I am so glad he is ok! Hugs all around!

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home