A Sad Decision
After weeks of agonizing deliberation and some moments of hope, we've decided that we need to find a new home for our puppy. I've finally had to admit that I am just not a dog person, and I don't have the passion and patience that is required to adequately train a puppy for life in a civilized household. Plus, there is the fact that Roger and I argue about the puppy way more than we should.
I have this horrible feeling that I am once again giving up. This all started way back when I quit preschool, because my parents determined that I was bored with the whole enterprise. Then there are the numerous times when I quit piano lessons, because I didn't like to practice. I quit playing the clarinet in the 7th grade, because I was more interested in learning German, and the school schedule didn't allow for both. When I was a junior I quit the debate team. I moved back home after 6 weeks at a state university, because I was homesick. Now, I'm quitting on my dog.
I don't really regret most of those "quittings" (except maybe the piano lessons), because a lot of good came out of them. I'm just concerned that there may be some sort of flaw in my character that keeps me from sticking to stuff.
Honestly, though, I have to admit that I'm just not as attached to that little guy as I should be. He really is a good dog who deserves people who will take the time to train him and play with him as much as he needs. He's just one of the cutest little guys I've ever met.
Here is the ad that I am placing in the local paper: BEAGLE, 6 month old, friendly, tri-colored male. Shots up-to-date. $150 includes crate and supplies.
He's a real bargain considering the fact that I'm selling him for less than I bought him for, and I'm including A LOT of toys, medicines and accoutrements.
Once he's gone, I'm going to start angling for a third cat. I'm definitely a cat person...






3 Comments:
Sorry to hear that you are giving the puppy up, but I know you will find him a good place to call home.
And that is great about your brother!! (I am a few posts behind)
5:55 PM
Oh, it's so heartbreaking when you decide that a pet just isn't right for you anymore. Hope it all works out!
10:01 PM
So sorry about the puppy!
In trying to look on the bright side... that's not necessarily being a quitter! Maybe you're a person who's quick to figure out when something's not working.
Big hugs!!!
~Neece
P. S. I tagged you. Go to my blog to see the details. :-)
7:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home