A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Does it get any better than this?

How amazing is this? Today my little brother is home from Iraq. We are just so overjoyed and relieved and happy and exhausted! His unit arrived home today, and we were all able to attend the ceremony. It wasn't a long ceremony, but, wow! So many cheering, happy people!


Randall and Heidi have been married for two years. He hasn't been home for either of their wedding anniversaries. I can't even imagine the thrill and excitement they must be feeling!


My family is not the type that shows their affection through physical contact, but today, I didn't want to stop hugging him! I am just so thankful that after all these months of worrying and praying, he is finally home.


5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

No, I bet it doesn't get any better than that. So glad he's home. Your family must be thrilled!

6:42 AM

 
Blogger JenniferO said...

How awesome is that! Great pictures too!

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Stacey said...

So glad that he is home! Enjoy every moment together!!!

8:55 AM

 
Blogger Linda Murphy said...

That is the best! Wonderful photos and I am so happy for your entire family on the homecoming!

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Linsey M. said...

That is wonderful.
Give him a big hug for me & tell him i said THANK YOU!

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home