A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Connor Funnies

Last night I took Connor shopping for shoes and clothes. As most of you moms know, this is pretty much the craziest thing I could have possibly done. (At least I'm hoping you know that, and my kid isn't the only one who behaves erratically in public!)

Actually, he was extremely well-behaved for an almost-five-year-old. I fed him a cheeseburger and fries first, so I think that helped. I drug him to two shoe stores, Old Navy, the Christian bookstore and Target, and we didn't have one single tantrum. We did come home with a very large rock, I mean, "dinosaur egg", from the malls landscaping, but otherwise, all went well.

Connor is a talker. He loves to strike up conversations with the check out people at every store we go to. He told the clerk at the bookstore his entire name - first, middle and last. Then said, "Sometimes I like to add Poncho to the end of it." Bless the clerk's heart! He thought that was very funny and kept calling Connor "Poncho."

At Target, our last stop, he told the clerk, "We bought a lot of stuff today!"

"Sometimes it's like that," she replied. "I did the same thing today, and I actually feel kind of guilty about it."

"I feel guilty about it, too," Connor said. That totally cracked her up! Connor looked at me and said, "Guilty means boring, right, Mom?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

That is a riot! I love their innocent babbles!!

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home