A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Ginormous Garage Sales

My family and I live in two different small towns. The first weekend in May is the city-wide garage sale for their town, and ours is the first weekend in June. This year, we are planning to participate in BOTH! I have already started going through our stuff.

On Sunday, Roger and I brought up at least 15 boxes and tubs full of stuff that needs to be sorted and priced. There is a 4-5 foot tall wall of tubs all across one end of our living room. I've been trying to go through a few boxes each evening, pricing and tossing as I go. The other night I went through two boxes of baby clothes. These clothes were all 12 months and smaller. I have to admit that I cried a little. They were so, so tiny and cute! I didn't get any of those priced. I just pulled out the 12 month clothes for my friend Brooke to go through for her little boy.

Last night, I got very diligent about pricing stuff. I think I'm pricing stuff to sell, for the most part. I made a lot of 25 cent stickers!

The saddest part about this wall of stuff is that this is only the stuff from our basement. We still have to go through our storage unit and the main floor of the house!

Last week I Ebayed a whole bunch of Usborne books and my Margart Furlong angel collection. I ended up with over $400 for our debt-reduction! I am getting pretty excited about writing the next check for DH's car payment! When was the last time I got excited about writing a car payment check?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home