A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tacky but Tasteful

Saturday evening, we attended a "Tacky but Tasteful" potluck party at our church. All I can say, is it is amazing what a bit of food coloring can do to your favorite foods! I took lots of pictures!

This was my contribution - a half eaten birthday cake. Look, I didn't even spell "birthday" right! I also took a fishbowl full of blue jello and swedish fish. The jello wasn't even fully set, but people loved eating it. Eeew!

I couldn't even touch this one!Or, this one!Bologna sandwiches - previously tasted.Blue & green deviled eggs.Slightly moldy dinner rolls. They turned Roger's teeth green!

Brain loaf.

Pistachio pudding in a kleenex box

My favorite! Personally, I think coconut and banana cream pies should always be made in techni-color. Aren't they pretty? The banana cream pie I ate was delicious!

These are just a few of the things we ate. I would love to know how much food coloring was gone through to make the food for this event!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, those are great!!! Love those pies!

6:12 AM

 
Blogger Kathy M said...

I don't think I could have eaten anything there. LOL!

7:52 AM

 
Blogger Linsey M. said...

LOL! That is TOO FUNNY!!!

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Linda Murphy said...

I am laughing so much-very, very creative! My stomach did a few turns on some of them -especially the eggs.

9:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home