A place for me to record interesting things as they happen. A place for random memories and thoughts. A place to get the words out of my head and into print.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

At the Auction!

Saturday I spent the day at an auction a few blocks from my house. As usual, I had a great time. In a small town, an estate auction is a great place for chatting with friends and getting a few bargains. This particular auction was huge. It also had some rather pricey items. Many things sold for unbelieveable prices, particularly because a lot of the seller's family was there.

I did manage to come home with a few treasures. I bought a pair of J.A. Henckel crane scissors, an old box of thimbles, a six gallon stone crock (this was my big bargain - only $35!), a vintage hat and box, two wooden straight back chairs and a box of blue willow china. Here are a few pictures that I took using my new photo tent!


All of these things just make me happy! I had a great time at the auction. I get such an adrenaline rush when it comes to bidding! It's kind of embarrassing. In fact, when it came time to write my check at the end of the day, my hand was shaking so badly that I could barely write! My check looked like it was written by a 90 year old woman! Seriously embarrassing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Cool purchases! Love those scissors!

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I love bidding on things too! Too funny about your hand shaking when writing the check. Those scissors are really neat!

4:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home